Mother’s Day is this Sunday (the 13th)—are you ready? I’ve rounded up a few thoughtful gift ideas to help you show Mom just how much she means to you. Have a wonderful day, and best wishes to all the mothers out there!
1) A chic iPhone or iPad cover. Help bring Mom into the 21st century with a fashionable cover designed by Diane von Furstenberg or Tory Burch.
2) A chic beauty treat. A beauty expert once told me that if you’re on a fixed budget of, say, $25 for a gift, it’s better to use the entire $25 on a “splurge” item rather than trying to maximize the value of your money by buying a gift set or several small items. With the latter, there will always be items that are not of use or interest. With a splurge item, such as a Chanel makeup contact, a Dior nail polish, or a Crème de la Mer lip balm, people will feel indulged and special. Most of us don’t stop to buy a $25 lipstick, which is why it’s wonderful when we get one as a present! Great for glam moms.
3) Dinner for two at her favorite restaurant. Sometimes all Mom really wants is some one-on-one time with her children. Treat her to a lovely meal, or whip up a special brunch.
4) A selection of her favorite films. Does Mom wax on about the classics of her day? Is she a sucker for Cary Grant or old musicals? Present her with a few of her beloved films on DVD and watch them with her. If you’re a creative type, make a theme night out of it. For example, if she adores Roman Holiday, turn movie night into an Italian feast with pasta, gelato, and some vino.
5) A bouquet of peonies. What woman doesn’t love flowers? A lush arrangement of peonies is stunning and, in my mind, infinitely more appealing than a drugstore bouquet. You can also throw in a nice vase and a heartfelt note.