According to psychotherapist and licensed clinical social worker Amy Morin, these are the traits that mentally strong people exhibit. I’ve outlined the list below, but please click here to read writer Cheryl Conner’s article in full.
Mentally strong people don’t:
- Waste time feeling sorry for themselves.
- Give away their power.
- Shy away from change.
- Waste energy on things they can’t control.
- Worry about pleasing others.
- Fear taking calculated risks.
- Dwell on the past.
- Make the same mistakes over and over.
- Resent other people’s successes.
- Give up after failure.
- Fear alone time.
- Feel the world owes them anything.
- Expect immediate results.
Do you have these qualities? Is there area for improvement? This might be something to consider as you set new goals for 2014!